/* Ravelry Shopping Cart */

Monday, February 22, 2010

Everyday Cable Rib Jacket

I am finally making good progress on my cable rib jacket that I started last October (free pattern: Cable & Rib Jacket by Debbie Bliss) . Things just got a wee bit hectic around the holiday season so that my own jacket was put on hold until calmer days. And now I've got to hurry up a bit so that the jacket gets done while it's still cold!


I decided to go with the very affordable Lion Brand Fishermen's Wool in Nature's Brown on 4mm needles. The swatch is barely off the called for gauge which will be just fine as the ribbing pattern will make it body hugging.

The pattern is very easy, knits up very quickly and is rather addictive - just one more row, one more pattern, one more increase... :)

The only thing I had to pay attention to because of my slightly off gauge was the length of the sleeves. I needed to switch to the larger needles (4mm) about 2 inches earlier so that the increases would start early enough and the sleeve wouldn't get too long.

I am now at the point where I only need to close the sleeve and side seams, sew down the double-layer collar and sew in the zipper which I've picked up on my last trip to Jo-Anns.

It looks like I am actually going to finish this jacket while it is still cold. :)

No comments: