/* Ravelry Shopping Cart */

Monday, March 8, 2010

Cherry Blossom Card

Even though it's still officially winter I am so ready for Spring!

I've made this card for my mom to send her a little bit of Spring her way.

 Cherry Blossom Card with Envelope

I know my mom will appreciate this card and the time spent making it, with her being a major crafter as well. Actually, I like the card so much that I have a hard time sending it off ! :)

And isn't it nice to receive a handwritten note from time to time? I don't know about you, but I LOVE to receive mail.

It sounds a bit old fashioned in this time of the internet with email, facebook and twitter and me being a software engineer. But a handwritten letter is just something special - the postage stamp, the post office stamp, the paper for the envelope and the letter or card, the embellishments, perhaps even some photos - it's just a great treasure trove that allows me to connect with the sender.

When was it your last time you wrote a letter? Perhaps Spring is a good opportunity to send a friend a nice little note?

BTW, you can purchase the crochet Cherry Blossom card pattern (includes a template for the envelope as well) to make one yourself.
 
($2.50)
Happy Spring!

No comments: