/* Ravelry Shopping Cart */

Monday, April 20, 2009

CPS#112 - Mother's Day Card

Only recently did I bump into the Card Positioning Systems (CPS) website on one of my web surfing excursions. What a great site! I can highly recommend it.

I decided to give it a try with the CPS#112 challenge:
CPS#112 sketch

It seemed like a great sketch for a beginner card maker and I had the perfect occasion in mind for it: Mother's Day for my little sister. Thanks to the CPS website, I was going to be early with my Mother's Day mail. :)

Since I am a multi-crafter and I don't have any paper and accessories stash to speak of, I had to try my hand with some thread graphics to spruce things up. Also used some pink glitter glue to add some sparkle to the card (the flower paper has a little too).


finished card

thread graphic detail

Oh boy, I can see how one can get hooked on card making... This is only my second card I've made besides photo cards and I love it!

Materials Used:
Card stock: white
Layer 1: embossed hearts, Heart Pastel Pink by Making Memories
Layer 2: Posies Glitter Print (verticle posies) by DCWV
Thread: DMC 25 in the colors #3716, #3731, and #3755
Finishing: Glitter Glue by Hampton Art (pink), blending chalk from Inkadinkado Bold Brights
Font: Curlz MT

No comments: