/* Ravelry Shopping Cart */

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

CPS#114 - Mother's Day Card

Ah, this week's CPS card sketch #114

CPS#114

gave me the template I was looking for to capture an idea for a card that has been floating in my mind for a while - and there you have it - my Mother's Day card for my mom!
finished card


I've always wanted to try out the "Iris Folding" technique where you layer folded pieces of paper to create a camera iris look. I bumped into the Iris Folding technique and the lady hat design on the website: Handcrafted Greetings.



hat detail



The hat required about 40 folded pieces of paper. It was assembeled amazingly quickly and the effect is just worth the effort.



Materials used:
Hat and hearts: Muted Rose from Hot Off The Press
Hat band: Bright Tints Yellow Gingham from Hot Off The Press
Background: reads "LOVE LOVE" from me & my BIG ideas (PL-229)
Half circle and strip: Pastel Yellow from The Paper Company
Card stock: textured Red#1 from DieCuts With a View
Accessories: mini round rhinestones from Jewelry Designer (light pink & rose)
Finishing touch: yellow blending chalk from Inkadinkado Bold Brights
Font: Edwardian Script ITC, 28 point

No comments: