/* Ravelry Shopping Cart */

Thursday, May 28, 2009

"Thank You" Card Tote

My version: a "Thank You" Card Tote
What perfect timing for Splitcoaststampers's newsletter to show up in my inbox yesterday with a great idea for a Teacher's Thank You gift: a 3"x3" Note Card Tote.

I was a bit in a crunch because our school district has released new regulations about teacher gifts in order to level the playing field between wealthy and not so wealthy schools as well as to preempt any hint at possible bribes in return for special treatment for a student. No more end-of-year money collection allowed to buy the teacher a nice gift or gift card unless the total amount is under $25...

So when I saw this idea of a Note Card Tote (with tutorial) I quickly thought of changing it into a Thank You Card Tote. Luckily I had an unused pack of little store-bought Thank You cards with envelops that would fit perfectly to my son's teacher.

In no time the Card Tote was made from nice bright blue card stock, paper cuttings, glitter glue and a ribbon and off it went to the teacher with a rose scented candle for some relaxation after all the stress at school. :)
(I am still a newbie in card making so that I don't have a lot of paper in my stash and all the other trimmings to make anything too fancy)

She was so happy and thankful because it would come in handy to write all the Thank You notes for all the little gifts she got from other students and parents!

Now that is a cute and useful gift! I can highly recommend it to anyone.

Cheers!

No comments: